On this page we provide some key information for residents.
Coordinator: Linda Levy (3 Draycot Place), 0117 927 7129 or 07986 690255, Email
Local Police officer:
- PCSO 9081 Matthew Cawsey email
The Bridewell Police Station, Bristol, BS1 2AA
( Mobile: 07889658157)
Feel free to contact them by email. You can leave a message for them by ringing 101, but it will be forwarded to them by email as well.
Standard Police Phone Numbers
- 999 for Emergencies: including crimes in progress, someone is in immediate danger or if there is a risk of serious damage to property. PC Turner has said that dangerous dogs in the amenities area do fall into this category.
- 101 for Non-emergencies: including crimes no longer in progress, such as burglary, car crime or damaged property.
Visit www.police.uk to see the crime figures for our neighbourhood, which is ‘Docks and Spike Island’.
The police now have available some property marking kits called “Smart Water”. We understand that it is the latest Techno Marker there is, to date. The cost is £5 per bottle per household. One bottle of Smart water will mark 30 – 60 items. 2 window stickers. 6 personal property stickers (for property that may leave your home, e.g. laptop – mobile phone, etc.) A registration form must be completed and returned to Smart Water. This gives a 2 year registration period on the Smart Water database. Note: You will be sent a reminder to re-register after 2 years. There will be a renewable charge of £10 for a further 2 yrs. For more information contact Linda.
Car Parking Regulations
Effective from 1 February 2017
- Owners are permitted to park a vehicle on the forecourt outside their respective garage(s) provided the vehicle does not obstruct the reasonable passage of other vehicles or pedestrians. If the property is tenanted, the residents are permitted to park outside their garage(s) under the same conditions. If the garage is sublet separately there are no parking rights for the tenant of the garage.
- There are 15 additional parking spaces marked by white lines in which a vehicle can be parked provided the vehicle is roadworthy, taxed and DISPLAYING a VALID PERMIT. Parking is restricted to a maximum of 24 hours in any 48.
- The additional spaces are located:
5 behind the north Block Offices.
8 behind Merrick Court.
2 behind Byzantine Court.
Parking is also permitted in the car wash bay with a VALID PERMIT ON DISPLAY, providing the space is vacated if required for car washing.
The garage forecourts and additional spaces are classed as designated parking areas.
- All shareholders are entitled to one Car Parking Permit, which is issued annually on receipt of the annual service charge.
Permits are valid until 30th September.
- If the property is tenanted, the Permit can be retained by the Shareholder or given to the Tenant, the Permit cannot be sold, and abuse of the permit will result in cancellation. Shareholders must ensure that their tenants are aware of the regulations.
Please note that there are 94 Shareholders and only 16 additional spaces. Consequently the additional spaces are for occasional use only.
To enforce the Regulations and prevent unauthorised parking, BPS are authorised to issue fixed penalty notices to:
- Any vehicle parked in one of the 15 spaces without a valid permit on display.
- Any vehicle parked in the Wash bay without a valid permit on display.
- Any vehicle parked outside the designated areas.
- Any vehicle displaying an invalid, counterfeit permit or handwritten note.
- Any vehicle parked across other garage(s) or obstructing access, provided the affected resident has requested ticketing.
- Any vehicle abusing the parking regulations.
Merchants Landing is a Conservation Area and permission may be required from Bristol City Council before making alterations such as replacing windows, installing satellite dishes and solar panels, adding conservatories and other extensions, laying paving or building walls. It is advisable to contact the Council before commencing any such works.
Owners who intend altering the external appearance or elevations are required to obtain prior permission from the Amenities Company.
Standard Building Designs and Colours
Other Bristol docks residential developments have declared standards for paint and wood-stain colours, window frame designs etc. The original developers of Merchants Landing did not instigate this and Merchants Landing Amenities company can only offer advice. If you are concerned about your local environment, the Amenities Company has the following guidelines:
- Use Crown Paints Sadolin Exterior Extra Durable (Mahogany) stain on your front door surrounds, window surrounds and garage door.
- Contact the Amenities Company for details of currently endorsed suppliers of replacement windows – frames and frame colour, to match originals.